Yosemite National Bark (Yoshi)
(Giving the people what they want first: photos of the field technician-in-training. Look at that good girl!)
• I am not-so-secretly obsessed with lichens and fungi. Should I become a terrestrial ecologist, I imagine I would study these organisms.
• Chacos are my footwear of choice; my oldest pair have supported my outdoor adventures in over ten countries.
• If my soul had a smell, it would be a combination of pine and ocean spray.
• Some more favorites: Mary Oliver's poetry, wool socks + Birkenstocks, crunchy peanut butter, yoga
• I drink my coffee with oat milk and my tea Earl grey.
• The first forest I ever loved are those at Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. I am now partial to the National Park and National Forests on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State, where I lived for a year.
• I once taught three generations of the Hawking family (including Jane!) about whales.